Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Way to Store My Memories

"I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. It becomes easier to spot patterns and links, you understand, when they are in this form."

Albus Dumbledore to Harry Potter,

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire,
by J.K. Rowling


There is no doubt I'm a fan of Harry Potter series, but I'm not going to talk about the book or anything that is of relation to Harry Potter. I use the quote by J.K. Rowling because I think this act of me documenting my thoughts in journal is something like Dumbledore storing his thoughts into the Pensieve.


I always have a lot of excess thoughts: thoughts that are not related to the things I do, they just come and go. I like that kind of random subconscious thoughts because I don't believe they are useless, I think I just have not find the use of it yet. Most of my inspirations come from such random event. One just cannot explain how they are just able to come without any stimulation. Well, sometimes perhaps they are stimulated, perhaps I don't know it. Even though they are stimulated, but when I don't know, they appear to be random to me.


I am an architect, an artist, a designer, a critic, a scholar, a writer, a thinker, a daydreamer, a fashionista, and many more that require a lot of creative stimulation. Therefore, It is crucial for me to have this thoughts and ideas stored. Just in case someday I will need it.

Or perhaps, like all great artists who died, one day some scholars may be interested to study me and my thoughts when I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment